Monday, April 11, 2011

Party

@ my house went well. It was a poetry party of sorts, although the poetry only lasted but a few minutes. Still good. I had fun although I feel a bit guilty for not being the best host. I didn't do any of the cooking and realized until the next day that I didn't put out extra drinks. I think i was just happy to have company over, and many people who I didn't know. Quite a bit of kids as well from the guest as well, but I had no problem with that. Wish it could happen again, but I doubt it will. I was happy then. I feel like I am not active enough, but hosting an event/party is good. Besides that life is good. I am on a beer-fast, which means no beer until May 21st, the significance of the day being a relay marathon I was planning to participate in. With the race no longer in my plans, I still plan on keeping my fast, and perhaps minimizing my beer drinking. Sometimes I think I use beer as a nightcap when I really don't need one, or in an attempt to relax, when all it does is sedates me. I feel  happy with not having drunk a beer in the past 2/3 weeks. I can't remember when I decided to stop. I still have a drink of wine or sake, but even then, it's not much.
I need to do more for me as well. Sometimes much of my time is spent helping others or worrying about their happiness that I don't make myself happy. that's the motto for this week: make yourself happy (or make myself happy).

No comments: