Thursday, May 29, 2008

Casket

A co-worker died a few days ago and even though I wasn't extremely close to her, watching people mourn has a way of making me think of my own mortality, and also others. It was surreal maybe, the white casket, the quick funeral service. Almost made it seem as that was what she wanted. She never wanted much fuss made about her, and the entire service was like that. A few words said, and she was being prepared to be buried. Maybe that comes from the family. So what's the point of this blog? Oh, and come to think of it, should these blogs have any purpose? I was thinking of poem lines while I sat during the viewing. I didn't write any down, unfortunately.
Also got me started thinking about taboos, specifically, taking photographs of funerals.

I admit, work is boring.

No comments: