Monday, July 6, 2009

Dos Mujeres, Cuantos Caminos?


Another one of my found pictures. A Polaroid picked up while walking Sprocket on Linares street. I have a bad habit of picking up random objects. I like this picture because my best guess is sisters. But maybe that's a bad guess. La chica standing up reminds me of a lot of girls around here with the dark lipstick, the pose un poco coqueta, hoop earrings, long red nails. She would fit well en la colonia. La sentada gives off a similar vibe, but toned down. Still the hoop earrings, no nail polish, lighter lipstick, and the smile. The optimism. She gives herself a chance.
Santa is Santa, even in the colonia.

Doesn't remind me of my sisters much. now that is. but maybe if i go back to some older pictures they have a similar pose. una la coqueta, la otra sonriando. That's the way the rest of their lives go. En la misma manera que la foto.

No comments: