Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cloudy Skies

In my office. It's just me, i figure. At least it's encouraging the writing a bit more. I thought more about -ismos and I created a prototype font. Nothing fancy, just checking out which look appropriate. I think i can give it a shot. Even if i fail, it will be worth it. So the first step is to create a small mission statement and explanation of what -ismos represents. Although, I don't expect to represent simply one idea, perhaps it will be made up of numerous beliefs from the area. After that I can start creating some fliers and passing them around town and also the outskirts. I'll try the viral concept also: a small half-sheet should be fine. I can do this during work, no chance of rain today.

Oh, I have to write a poem/memoir for an upcoming contest: "An account of the personal experiences of an author."

Some people say they can remember
age 4 and their first birthday party.
I think my first memories are teen
years, the rest is just some fuzzy
picture my mother keeps. Me one
year old, an early birthday cake,
and then i began my teen years.
I remember one time going to the zoo,
my sister running away from home,
walking the canals, shooting at
beer bottles. the police:
domestic disturbance, snakes
on a twig in a dried lake,
a pregnancy scare, maybe twice.
It wasn't all bad, but that's what
I remember the most.

[sounds like a start...didn't want it to be all gloomy, so put in some good memories. I need to make them stand out more]

2 comments:

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

OMG! Why didn't you tell me about THIS! (ie. Oh, I have to write a poem/memoir for an upcoming contest: "An account of the personal experiences of an author.")

It's amazing!

Lady Mariposa or Veronica Sandoval said...

I think it is a great start!