Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Vacation

On friday. I am going to Austin for the Austin City Limits Festival. I am really excited. It has been a while since I have gone to Austin, and there are a couple of places that I want to visit. Actually, I would like to just lounge around and go to I Love Video, Half Price Books, and the arcade. The festival will take up most of the day, but I will find some time to do other things. Although I am excited, I am also extremely nervous. Not sure why although the first thought is parking. I guess I am afraid of there being no parking in downtown and I won't be able to make the show for some reason. I have measured the distance from where I am almost certain there will be parking to Zilker Park and its about 3.5 miles. I can walk that for sure [I think I can]. But there is so much talk about parking close that I start to think it is to far. Why something so small is concerning me, I'm not sure. I guess it's my persona to always be prepared. this time around I don't know what to expect. I am nervous. I'll manage once i am there. I think i need to relax, meaning, I need to stop thinking or attempting to have a rigid schedule.

Wasn't it before that i would say "what happens, happens"? Maybe so much time in the office has made me different. don't know for sure. this is going to be interesting. I hope to write some poems. like i said, i don't know what to expect, and it's been a while since that has happened. I have for a while played it safe going to san antonio, austin, houston, new orleans, places that i know visiting the same spots. it's time i took a chance, looked for a new experience.

I am working 1/2 a day tomorrow. No reason to work the full day. Much more to do at home. goodnight.

No comments: