Thursday, October 29, 2009

Updated

So I never talked about the last two days of the Austin City Limits Festival. It's more awesome now thinking about it than living through it only because day 2 was all rain and day 3 was all mud. I'm better at observing than participating so I stayed out of the rain, under a tarp, and I tried not to do full body dives into the mud. The music was awesome though. My favorite were The Decemberist and the B-52s. A lot of other excellent musicians, but those stood out.

-----------------------------------------------------------

On the poetry side, I am almost complete with thesis, meaning I'm not close to feeling proud of it, but I have to turn it in within the month.

I still haven't had the courage to ask my mom where she grew up. She has told me before but I keep forgetting. I think I feel guilty because
1. I keep forgetting
2. I will be using it for my thesis
3. Everyday is another day I don't ask

but I will ask. Sometimes I'm to hesitant for the things I should do.I haven't submitted anything lately, so I will have to do that as well. I need to attend more poetry readings, and one is coming up on Nov. 2nd for the dia de los muertos.

I think if I had children I would be more inspired to participate in dia de los muertos, or maybe if i knew muertos that I knew better. I know muertos.
1. Abuela Orosco
2. Tio Fernando

But I didn't connect with them as much. They were already older in my memories. That's what I say. But eventually I lose someone I have known for a lifetime and maybe then I will celebrate dia de los muertos. It will be an honor and a sign that I cannot let go.