Friday, November 6, 2009

New Puppy

I was called a dad because of a new puppy I got. It's true, it has a similar feeling of being a father. I know, i know, it's completely different. But don't you get a similar type of joy caring for someone else? Watching as their mind develops and playing together, vet visits, and living together every day? A puppy is a substitute child. So this pug (Suki)I received from a co-worker. She has been doing pretty well although she did piss on one of the couch pillows. If you visit my house, beware. The mini-schnauzer (Sprocket) has adjusted well, and I think she enjoys having someone who can keep up with her instead of me who runs around for about 5 minutes and "yah, that's it, I'm sitting down."





-----------------------------------------------------------------
Still working on thesis and hoping to get it done soon.

Can't think of any words for poems right now, but maybe later.

Oh yeah, how can I forget to mention the Lucha Corpi reading. It went really well. As I read my poems I felt uncomfortable mostly because I wanted to change words in the middle of reading. Lucha had a good reading, and though she didn't read much, she did read from her newest novel and her poetry book. Hearing her talk on Chicano history was unexpected based on previous readers. The research with the psychic and involved in her writing gave me better insight to her stories. Overall a good night, although by the end I just wanted to go home.

1 comment:

Wordless Tenaza said...

Sorry I missed your reading. Cute puppy. We need to set up that playdate, man.