Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Competition

Sometimes I enjoy it, other times I don't. Right now I'm not enjoying it so much. I sent four poems off for publication and received 4 rejections. Not bad (i feel), since I have been working a lot on chapbooks and teaching. Then I find out another poet (whom I respect) was given the "acceptance" letter.
Okay, now I feel bad. Partly because they were chosen over me, and secondly because it makes me feel unsure of my poems. I'll get over it, but I hate being overlooked. But that person deserves it and this is about what is missing in my poetry or what I'm doing wrong. I just don't like that I'm not able to get my word out about the valley (rgv).
I have to work on my poetry. I think i'm sending sub par poems. It's not the focus of my life right now. Too many focuses, but enjoying  helping others publish and teaching. But then I feel bad for not keeping up with poems.

agh, frustration.