Thursday, June 2, 2011

Last Night

I got together with friends  at a poetry reading and with one started talking about poetry. We want to create a text-book; a poetry book made up of text poems. The idea of a text poem is not new as follows:

http://bygonebureau.com/2010/01/15/text-message-poetry/


http://books.guardian.co.uk/games/mobilepoems/0,9405,450649,00.html

But, how are we able to create something more precise and creative.
 
1. specific guidelines
2. incorporation of code switching
3. inclusion of text shorthand
 
Some ideas, but hopefully we create a small booklet for this project. Nothing to big, but we need ideas and means of production. It's time to get creative, although I'm still hoping my Summer I class makes.
 
I need to submit to a collection being produced. The deadline is June 15th. I need to submit real soon.
 
Just those thoughts on my mind right now. Maybe this will be considered a text poem by some phone company standards.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we bought some
love last night
and in the morning
left outside in
humidity, love
turned into rotten
frowns and
unanswered calls

No comments: