Monday, June 27, 2011

Movies & Unsettled

I wasn't sure of my expectations for this movie. I have enjoyed Roberto Rodriguez films, regardless of genre, but i haven't seen his last few collaborations with Quentin Tarantino.
Turns out I loved this movie. It was exactly what I needed to watch towards midnight. It reminded me a bit of the Mexican Narco films which depict violence, beautiful women, and over the top acting.
And I unashamed to say that I loved the secondary theme of immigration rights and Austin setting.
It felt as if Rodriguez was home and hadn't forgotten his roots, while attempting to blend in his current style. I think i might dl some Mexican movies although those I will probably have to buy at the pulga since I don't think they are that popular. *l*
Related to film and attempting to watch more movies is the idea that I am at a personal standstill. I go through this every so often. I feel I haven't accomplished much and I try a new venture which usually is only half fulfilled. At this point I am hoping to make a "fake" zine, but actually publish it...so it's not completely fake. I don't know if this has to do anything with my personal life, but I'm trying to create a positive and creative environment. The problem is that I don't find to many people whom I can be myself with. Or maybe the problem is that I am trying to be to much of myself while keeping it to solely a creative aspect would be the best option. I don't know (as always) and I will try new ideas and projects (as always), and like most other times i will find a waste of time to keep me preoccupied until I am a mess again.
I'm feeling a bit happier now *after advising some students and planning out a small project* but I have to keep this up. I need to take care of home chores as well. Perhaps that bogs me down quite a bit as well.
Today is my opportunity to be creative in class. Tonight I will watch some Death Note and hopefully finish it by the end of the week. No new writing of poetry as of now, but I am developing ideas. Tomorrow I will have a sample draft.

No comments: