Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rough

two days I have had. Not on a large scale, just compared to what I am used to. For one reason or another I am not a great handyman, which puts me at a disadvantage when anything home like breaks down. I tried my best to fix them, but usually they are temporary fixes or make the whole situation worse. Such is the case with my central air and kitchen clog. It's gotten to the point where I am seeking professional help.
But that's not what this post is about, this post is about venting. It's about wanting more help at home and not finding it. It's believing I work hard and do a good job and not being believed in. It's about feeling alone.
So my frustrations haven't been about the central air or the drain, but more so not receiving the help.

On a poetry note, I read for one of my friends ENG course and I had a great time. It actually made me forget about all of the above. After moments like these I wish i could write/research all the time. But i have this need/fear to have a steady income. That and I tried looking for a job in teaching but with budget cuts, universities are not hiring. Anyways, I talked to the class about being Pocho and what it means to be a Border Pocho, so I think they enjoyed realizing that we are different here in deep south texas (not san antonio...further down...lol). I think the class was able to relate to me. that makes me happy. i had a good time. Thank you friend. You believe in me. 

No comments: