Sunday, June 26, 2011

Some days

I pretend I am alone because it makes companionship easier.
I started reading Richard Rodriguez' third book, Brown: The Last Discovery, and he seems to have changed his stance on identity. I haven't read but a few pages but it seems as though his concept of Brown developed into a cause, originating from a sense of alienation. But I am still unconvinced at this point, mostly because he continously uses the term "Brown" as if we are a flat color. My response is "We are not all Brown" and should not be subjected to one color. We are from all shades and backgrounds. Do not paint us plain. Tenemos herman@s de diferente paises. But I am in the first few pages, and so this is an initial reaction. I will post a picture of the book and more thoughts soon.

No comments: