Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Why...

does it smell like urine here?

first words to hear in the morning. A lot of responses come to mind such as we have a new puppy or there must be some urine around here.

I answered: must be the pad.

implied was: while I was home alone I didn't do anything, I let this house be pissed on by the dog, and working 8-8 three days isn't enough of me doing something.

Yes, that got me angry 3 hours ago. I just left.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In artistic news, I have come up with another idea....you, the audience, says, "Another one?!?!"
*l* (from me). Yes, another one. These are the #s.
1. A chapbook
2. Title: "Que Pesta?" which translates to "What Stinks?"
3. A collection of bad poetry, whether written intentionally or pure bad, stinky talent.
4. Published and perhaps a poetry reading to commemorate

That's my idea. You may be asking yourself (or someone, like me), why this? I see it as a creative outlet, maybe the opportunity to publish what we never want to be seen by others. I think there are plenty of occasions where we hide our writing (as easily as we do with our thoughts and feelings) even though they may actually have literary value. Other times it's fun to be less serious. And this requires no talent at all. lol

I comment was relayed to me by a profe friend. She stated that a student wrote the following in her research paper after I presented to the class on the idea of being Pocho.

"He's a leader for many people who feel that they too are Pocho."

A student said that. You don't realize what this means to me. With all the trouble i am having being published a comment as such feels like a big compliment.

I can do this.

No comments: