Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It slipped my mind...

Father's Day. Another blogger wished a father's day to all the eligible persons. Everybody must have a father right? I don't know the history behind these national celebrations but sometimes it feels like too much. I'll read the history on it later, but as far as the present goes, how does a inadequate father feel on that day? Does he feel as if he has lost more than he expected to gain. Perhaps he still feels the burden of being an absent father. Do you have a son? somewhere, but not here.

I have a friend in a same-sex relationship with a son. I was thinking about her situation that day. I jumped to Antonio's Card, a children's book by Rigoberto Gonzalez whose story involves the difficulty in explaining/producing a mother's day card for same-sex parents. Good story.

On a more calmado note,
I watched Return to Sleepaway Camp last night. I loved the original Sleepaway Camp because I remember watching it with my brother and sister. This wasn't the same, but it keeps the memory alive. That's enough, no reason to get extra nostalgic today.

1 comment:

anisa said...

Hi Chavz,
I thought you might be interested in this...

A new independent press seeks submissions for an upcoming chapbook in which poetry is written in espanol/nahuatl y english.

Go HERE for details:
http://xicanopoetrydaily.wordpress.com/call-for-poetry-entries-chapbook-en-espanolnahuatl-y-english/

www.myspace.com/aztlanlibrepress