Friday, March 18, 2011

Last Night

I was thinking about "pocho" again and how to explain the idea of a modern day pocho. Point is I figured changing the spelling will indicate a change in philosophy/belief as well. If we continue to see it as "pocho" with similar spelling, I don't think the message is illustrated as well. I want to use the spelling of "poxo" but I realize as well that it can be confusing and difficult to pronounce. Yet, as my friend said it, "I do appreciate the idea of it representing the change of attitude toward the word. The x is sacred and purifies all with its symbolism and its uses in the spelling of mexican concepts..." Dude gets it, but he also told me it was likely confusing for others. lol 

But i am the stubborn type and i'm willing to give it a shot to see if it can catch on. But I am also concerned it doesn't reflect the audience I am trying to reach and represent, which are those who are not scholars or in academic setting. I need to think about this. I am willing to fail at my attempt. When it comes to taking risks in academics and poetry, I'm more willing to than in real life. *I just used the words "willing" and "academic" too many times.*

I was online reading some blogs also and they looked like good people to contact. Getting to know others is crucial to getting these words out. I think I might get a new website. Not for blogging, but for the "poxo" idea. I'll keep thinking of different spellings, but I like this one. I looked up some information on search engines and poxo turns up a manufacturing company of sorts as well as a lot of personal pages from persons mostly from Spain (and Chile). I can only assume they are using it with the pronounciation I am using, but I don't know how their meanings differ compared to mine. More research waiting for me.

I am going to contact a friend in Spain to see if she can help out. I hope so. Thinking and thinking to do.

No comments: