Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Break

cleaning. It's what has become of me at 31. lol But good has come from it today as I was cleaning a "memory" box in storage. I found some pictures my older brother drew about 17 years ago, during his high school years. Back then I wouldn't have identified my brother as a Chicano, mostly because I saw him as a Cholo or Break dancer. Those two weren't related for me. I don't fault myself since at that time I was barely entering my teen years. I didn't think about identity then, as I do now. But his drawings tell me a lot about him and how he saw himself. Even though I am older then when he formed this identity, I also have a sense of pride in being Pocho, although I do not believe most people would accept being marked as such. Enough writing, take a look at his drawings.





No comments: