Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Solitary

I'll start of by saying today was the usual day during daylight. Work, a presentation, meeting a few people on campus. But when I talk to people, I wonder if they know how I sometimes zone out. I imagine myself doing something weird and stupid, asking a personal question. I get tired of just talking or listening. It doesn't have anything to do with them, really, but it is being different, more carefree. The dialogue that is exchanged is so common. The conversations are predictable. Sometimes I feel like talking about the arts, and other times about the flock of green jays which unexpectedly appeared mid-day. But that would be like using someone, for a mind blowing conversation. Today I'm supposed to start reading a novel by Americo Paredes. I think I will get to it, but it would be nice to close my eyes.

No comments: