Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bad Writing, Good Intent

I'm sorry, I had to get this out of me. I will keep working at it.



being a non-believer and Chicano

means attending service in case of
emergency weddings, quinceñeras
and baptisms.
It means watching everyone cross
themselves in the name of

..........the father
holy......and.......spirit
..............son

and holding back
my hands
nature
my sister’s wishes,
mom’s.

It means curanderos,
their power derived from dios,
do not exist.

It means promesas,
in the name of god,
are meaningless.

for a non-believer
la Virgin de Guadalupe
will never appear

palm sunday
ash wednesday
good friday

to be godless
almost means
not being Chicano


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, now that I think about it, I don't really know where you can treak it. This is where I would give you your poem back in the workshop with hearts on it saying great! I would make a comment about liking the cross thing you put in it, but I like this voice, its very strong, sure. raw? But I know that you will probably do something to it before it is "ready" in your mind, was this one easy to write?