Saturday, March 14, 2009

Safe and Sound

In New Orleans. It's like being home, sitting outside, pearl jam playing, a tv on a comedy show, the rain, sitting under some covered benches. Allright, so it's nothing like home, but it gives off the same comfort. After about a 2 hour delay due to lots of rain and automobile accidents, I made it here in seven hours from Houston. Way too long, but at least I am here. And don't think I am going to spend all my time on the computer, although a six-pack is waiting for me somewhere. Today I have to do some work. I'll post up some pictures soon, but yesterday was already productive. Luckily my brother was at home so I was able to spend some time with him and family, then at night I worked on some revision and new poems. I have some new poems in mind today. Dealing with my initial experience looking for something to eat. I passed a place called "Lookers" which was completely empty. I ended up a 1/2 mile later at some restaurant, and when I walked in the waiters and some of the patrons were watching what I believe to be the Louisiana Derby. As soon as I noticed that I took a look at the clientele and left. lol So here I go back thinking where the hell I was going to eat. I was starving. Pues, no choice but to go to "Lookers Bar & Grill" And you know what, it was totally Mexicano/Latino. On the television "Lente Loco" was playing, there was some spanish music in the background, the waitresses were mexicanas or from honduras...que importa. Even the food was Latin. It was too good to be true. I ordered some chuletas and two Budweises...perfect. I'll make sure to go back there again.
There has to be a poem there somewhere.

No comments: