Monday, March 23, 2009

Six Days

I didn't realize it. I guess that's when I got back to the valley. Let's see. So what has happened since then. Children birthday parties always make me happy, and tired. I saw some trendy young couples who give off the image of "cool" parents. They probably take their kids to social events, have meet and greet daycare events. I want to look like a cool parent, but I can't. I think if I have kids I will revert (or turn) to a disheveled me. Maybe when we go to the museum I will look neat, and trips to the zoo. But i will dress appropriately. For an outdoor birthday party I will wear shorts and a t-shirt. Function over Appearance.
If.

I finished reading Hunger of Memory. Okay, so the last chapter was the best. Otherwise, the author was basing his ideas/perceptions/beliefs on his own experience. It's not uncommon. Thirty years ago the book was controversial; today it is dated. This author, not for this book, has been nominated for a Pulitzer. crazy.

ay, why do i dislike many of the books i have read recently?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a two-year old and I'm quite disheveled.

Awhile ago, I used to read books straight through, even if I was finding that I didn't like them very much. Now I cut my (time) loss, and start something new right away, tossing the other aside -- there's only so much time.

Lady Mariposa or Veronica Sandoval said...

I think you would be able to pull off the cool dad thing.

yes

I think you would
it seems like you

However that is too deep for a very stressful and busy Monday

Don't talk about that book
I need to get my copy and read it before you leave your impression on me.

I like the new pic very appropriate to be talking about being a parent and putting that picture up. You did it on purpose right?

:-)

Hang in there!