Friday, August 26, 2011

10 Days

But it feels so much longer. Another vent session? No, I'll take care of that on my own, although I am venting about myself.

Within the past week I have noticed a decline in my drive, or as we like to say in ESpanish, "flojera". I have had a lot of "flojera" [commonly known in English as lazyness] lately, in some cases it goes to the point of "hueva" [i don't know an English translation for this].

It got to the point that i took a nap or two at work this week. I dont' think I stayed up late any of those nights, but work has been slow, boring, and sleep inducing. Luckily once the Fall semester begins, it will be hectic, annoying, and sometimes depressing. These are all much better than annoying.

I have to send a check to the TACW people...tax deductible!

I haven't sent any poems in lately. I'm not really concerned about that. I'm more interested in scholarly research on the pocho, although I should also focus on the literature/poetry being created with that image. Maybe writing poems isnt' my passion. It's fun, but I use it more to flesh out my ideas.

No poem today. Just those thoughts. I wanted to write something before it became 2 months later. I'll write more later. adios.

No comments: