Monday, August 8, 2011

AC now included

These past for days went by fast. I didn't blog because i had things on my mind. Things like no AC. but it was fixed for approximately $180 dollars. In south texas, AC is worth so much more. Although it was strange that at night, windows open and fans on all cylinders, i slept so good. the faint heat maybe put me in a comatose state, but i felt refreshed waking up, and it was easier to wake up. So, although during the day i won't miss the heat, at night i miss it just a bit.

I won't complain here so much today. Although i am worried about "D" telling me of cutbacks in the hospital. I think we can still make it through. But that's a big chunk of income. most of it goes to entertainment (or at least from what i see). Yes, there are bills she pays like cable, house alarm, insurance, student loans, and such. But if i can teach at least two courses. those will be covered. Everything else wouldn't be as crucial.

This weekend I didn't do much since it was mad hot and once the AC was repaired, I felt like only sitting inside. Well, I did drink though, and I spoke with my neighbor who surprisingly is only 3 or 4 years older than me, but seems like much more of a grown up. When i talk to him i feel i'm talking to someone who is in his 40's at the very least. Maybe its because he is married and has older step-daughters. His wife is a bit older than him as well. And he has this interest in things that i don't know about, like cock fighting and such. I like to talk to him because I don't know what he will say. I feel i'm learning from him or at the least experiencing what i won't be able to. I enjoy our talks a lot. Most of the time I think I am listening. I don't feel confident about what I can contribute to the conversation. Most of my knowledge is in the arts, and there isn't much to do with that. lol. Well, I am proud that I have a background in biology. I think that keeps me grounded a bit. Having an interest in wildlife and the environment allows me to feel "real".

So, even though you might be thinking, so all you really did was be inside and drink. Well, yes. On the surface i just drank, but outside, having shots of tequila with the neighbor, in between beers, i felt comradery which has been absent. These talks will also help me write poetry which is true to people of the community, rather than my perception of who they are.

I also watched a Korean film, Chaw. I haven't seen to many Korean films, the other i remember well being The Host. I enjoyed both, although it takes a bit to accept the mesh of horror and comedy within the film. Each has a foolish character mixed in with the heroic, and of course the monster. It's strange trying to remember similar American films, but none come to mind. Although if there were a few, i doubt I would enjoy them as much. I also tried watching a french film, but it was dubbed. I hated films that are dubbed. Anyways, it had been a while of seeing a foreign film (horror films count). Usually foreign films can be quite "real" in that they are a bit more "down to earth" that American films. Ah, i know: they don't always have happy endings. I don't like happy endings anyways, but after a while, it can be too much. lol

Anyways, I'm headed to austin for a few days, so I feel good. Might not blog until Saturday. Until then. adios.

No comments: