Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Published

I did it! I had a work accepted for publication in the online version of The Rio Grande Review. Okay, so it's not in print, but this is a start. lol The piece is Boom Town which is one of the poems I have liked since the beginning. I submitted other pieces, but those still need work. I am just happy to have received encouragement to submit poems. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't accomplish a lot of other things. So let's call this the start! I gladly celebrated with two sandwiches and Pringles for dinner. It tasted sooo good.

Lately, I feel like I have been on repetition, saying the same words repeatedly. i don't want to be shut out, unwelcomed.

sueño
que mi cuerpo
se levanta
de tus manos
y allí voy
entre tus dedos
escapando
del calor
a la voz
de tu musica
me encuentro
voltiado
entre tus palabras
y historias
entros los
sueños
de tu amor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Isaac. Well-deserved. When does the poem come out?