Saturday, April 26, 2008

Feliz Cumpleaños a Mi

Tomorrow is my birthday. I think most years I haven't wanted anything, but this year I want to be showered by birthday wishes. I feel the need for people to know that I am one year older, but I am ashamed at the idea that I want people to know. I momentarily imagine myself showered by gifts, but I just want some acknowledgement. I want this birthday to mark the beginning of a new year. If I can accomplish more than this year, then it will be successful. I want to be acknowledged for my accomplishments. Is it wrong to be selfish? To feed oneself?
I want tomorrow to be a contradiction: uneventful and mine.

I think i want:
the gift i haven't t found for anyone
a midnight call
memories reborn
forgiveness
love
confession

I want to
free your mind

I need to
rest my feet

I think
...this year

I know
I'm not immune

No comments: