Saturday, January 17, 2009

i can't title this

I don't want to go one to long about this, but every so often I hear border Chicanos/Mexican-Americans talking about "ay, estos mexicanos, they don't know how to drive" and etc. It is excused by most because it's a feeling that they are talking about their own kind, although from a different place...but what about this review i read while searching for a hotel in South Padre Island?

"online travel was questioned, requiring us to provide proof of confirm. We found out that this facility is also a Mexican owned, Mexican run time share. That might explain the unfamiliarity with online travel."

The hotel in question is the Peninsula Island Resort, and it was visited by someone/family from Neenah, WI.

I don't even know what to say...i'm stunned. I didn't really believe this logic was still possible as public reasoning. I'm sure all type of private thoughts exist, but they want this to be heard.

No comments: