Friday, January 9, 2009

Late Night Poetry

I'm starting to think that poetry events held at night do not work because they are left until the end of the day, when a person is tired and drained. Why don't we have midday poetry readings? Answer: because most people are working and have "other" things to do. So we modl poetry into a late night rendezvous to fit our schedules.
Not every day is made for poetry...some days are made for being home alone. I read some other blogs and I think to myself, who cares what my own blog is about. It's about nothing in particular, and honestly, sometimes I don't feel to express my politics or profound events. Can it still be a good blog?
Today I was scheduled to read at a gathering which took forever to start: I hate disorganization. Scheduled starting time 7p.m....which means...start at 7p.m. Not wait 30 minutes after I leave at 9:30p.m. I hated leaving without fulfilling my commitment but I hate waiting worse.
tonight i want to get lost
i want a complete sense of enlightenment...
i mentioned once I would love to know everything,
but asked why, if there is no labor of discovery,
but sometimes i want the labor of production
of creating
changing, breaking,
twisting into truth
wedges of emotion
from your life
from mine
lost lives
breaking, twisting
emotion
sounds
and beats of
little feet
pattering
on the cement floor
while i sleep

No comments: