Sunday, January 16, 2011

Almost Time

for the semester to begin, this one being extra special since I start teaching ENG 1301 at the local community college. I should be working on the syllabus right now, but somehow when I have an urgent task I seem to get motivated to clean and rearrange. lol
It wasn't all bad since I did clean up my roses. And somehow, with all I have to do, I decided to pick another book from my "library" to read this week. Staying busy makes me happy. Not having anything to do is sad.
So the book I chose is A Fabricated Mexican by Rick P. Rivera, where once more a young man with Mexican origins struggles with his ethnicity living in the United States. Sometimes it feels like I am reading the same story again. lol The plot is important but the setting interest me the most. I learn more by studying where the character has grown up (texas/california usally)and the differences in the family.
I wont be reading today, but tomorrow looks like a good day to sit outside and read.
No writing as of yet. To much thinking to focus on writing. Although, I need to start submiting. And I just realized I missed an important submission deadline. damn. Have to do better.

No comments: