Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Officially (Almost)

A lecturer (ENGL 1301). That's my new title at the local community college. Can you believe it, me? some random person from Alton, who studied biology and went from one random job to another. That's me. This new title could possibly change my life. It might motivate me enough to dream more (than i do) and go through with it. Conferences, publications, networking.

[i'm addicted to "16 and pregnant" on MTV]

I feel proud of myself. I am doing this. I applied, I wasn't afraid and I didn't back away. and I think I can do more in the future. I'm respected [and probably soon disrespected by students. lol]. I even thought of going back for a few hours of Biology so i could teach college level biology, although the truth is that its difficult, but i do like challenges.

[my first semester as a graduate student in biology i had a panic attack and never went back]

Change is coming soon, and maybe I can be involved in that change. I can do this (since technically i haven't started teaching just yet). I took a look at the required textbook and the essays are basic ones. I can use supplemental readings and the question is how can i bring in Mexican American, Chicano/a, Poch@ ideas into the mix? ---Machicho? Sure why not (for now). Como puedo usar las ideas Machich@s?

[i looked up Machich@ and couldn't find anything to solid]

Can I make a difference because that's my goal. I need to make a difference and reach my audience. students are my audience. This is going to be good.

No comments: