Thursday, January 6, 2011

Changes?

Next month or two might bring changes.
1. applied for a adjunct ENG position at local community college
2. applied for full-time position at Writing center at current college
3. co-worker might quit.

I'm happy with all three, but the ones most important are # 1 & 2. Focus on those since they may mean more responsibility for me, and I think it's about time. I'm getting tired of sitting at a desk all day. It doesn't even help me write. At a meeting a few days ago i lost interest and attempted to write a poem but nothing came out of it. My writing lately has improved but is also less frequent. I should work on revisions and submitting mostly. I have a presentation in a few minutes so i'm going to make this short. Also, I apologize for not doing the "pocho" definitions yesterday. I was feeling old and fell asleep before 10pm.
I'm going to end with a poem I drastically revised for a reading at a local cafe/eatery. The poem is based on pulga (aka flea market) experiences.



encontré

ramienta, buganvilias
piratas y cojidas

busco de todo
que es taboo

la virgen y la santísima
los sobadores
la idioma de la patria
illegales, trabajadores, padres

ven a mirar
lo que te falta

rusted tonka trucks
peliculas gay
entre platanos y papayas
mi papa con la otra

No comments: