Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Before it is to late

I am going to post on here. Quite busy few days...not because I did a lot of work during the weekend, but thinking of ideas, working on some publications, responding to emails, and such.

The idea for the TXT-BK is off and going, and I created a facebook event which has garnered some responses. What does this mean?
1. I am surprised people have responded this early
2. I am excited about publishing again (again).

Q: How will this be different than the past 13 years I have been involved in publishing chapbooks and zines?
*hold on....just taking a moment to say...13 years? agh, where does the time go*

A: This time around I have more disposable income, rather than trying to do everything on the cheap. I still want to create that aesthetic of grassroots, but I'm working on making these more exclusive, refined, edited, and purposeful.

For this chapbook I am working with my friend/business partner Gabriel H. Sanchez. On the "Que Apesta?" one-shot I am working independently which will give me more creative control and allow me to be as random as i feel.

I need to take a trip. I need to get ideas. I need to buy books. I need to challenge myself.

I need to make business cards. Why don't I get people to help me? I don't know. I try to do this on my own.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After writing this post i realized to myself "dude, you didn't even put some info here about the "TXT-BK" contest. So, here it goes if you are interested in submitting works for publication.




145 Characters.




One Poem.



Embrace the restraints.



Join the Text Poetry Challenge.



The challenge is to use 145 characters to create a poem. No theme, no lines, just write until 145. Top submissions will be featured in the publication, “Text-Book”, published by The Raving Press.

Photos and Art are encouraged…and spaces count.

Send submissions on facebook to Isaac Chavarría or Gabriel H. Sanchez. Entries may also be sent to ichavarria@utpa.edu as a word document.

Looking forward to seeing your work.

Deadline: Sept 15

No comments: