Friday, July 15, 2011

Tired

From good events.

1. Poetry at Simon Sez, a local dive bar. My first appearance  here was awkward. Nobody was listening from the regular patron section. The poets listened, but that doesn't count. The second time around i was more confident and it wasn't as full. Also, i was one of two poets and a "rapper" so not as much pressure.  I want to read again and more in different places. It was during the week [tuesday] so it took a lot of me. lol

2. late night movies for the last of the Harry Potter series. This was just for fun, but it made the night last until 3AM.

At the moment I am drinking a beer, watching the film  Let Me In, a remake of Let the Right One In. I usually don't like remakes but this one is so similar, it feels like i am watching the original except I don't have to look up from the computer to read subtitles. The point is i can have it as background noise.

A few days ago i realized that poxo [pocho] is becoming more "recognized', meaning there are a few people questioning its significance. In my daydream we collaborate. We exchange ideas towards the concept of a fragmented population with different identities of pocho. I have to write to them, but first I should collect my ideas, proofs, examples. I hope this works out. I hope the conferences will give me some credibility.

I need to progress the idea of poxo [pocho], and in the process live a normal life.

1 comment:

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

I watched Let Me In too! I liked it.

Why didn't you tell me about the Simon Sez thing. I would have gone. :(