Friday, July 29, 2011

Why does time

seem to go by fast on here/out there. I felt it was only two days since i had written, but it's been more like four.

Feeling good today [which is somewhat disturbing that i have to say that out loud]. lol

I had a first topic in mind but since there is an obvious image next to my text, it's best I explain. I am currently working on a chapbook, titled "Text-Book" or as shown. The concept is explained on this flier i will be posting out locally, in hopes of receiving some submissions. It's not a new idea online, as I did see and note some earlier attempts. I haven't heard of a chapbook version, although not everything is online. Anyways, the point is i hope this is new. even if it isn't new, i hope it's better. i need to make it better, meaning different techniques for creating the chapbook as well as material. ya, this is a new start. should be a new start. has to be a new start. *start*

Feel free to add me on facebook or participate in the contest with the information found on the flier.

On another note, and i actually wanted to write this yesterday, i saw a video dealing with the cartel violence in mexico and along the border. i picked up the dvd from a neighbor and he was kind enough to lend it for a week already. i didn't watch until yesterday: it began as a basic informative news program which lasted an hour. it had good information, but was mostly already heard around here. then i saw the pictures of actual killings. i'm talking about beheadings. bodies which have been shot. that took me out of the idea that this cannot affect me. its often said that those who are being killed are directly involved, but in some cases bystanders are also murdered. the pictures made me think about how bad the violence will get. i want to visit mexico but hesitant, even along the border.

after that i messed around with the dvd and found the videos. these videos are serious. in the back of my mind i thought that maybe they were scripted or fake. i don't know...i get a bad feeling. i watched as the camera operator asked the middle aged man for his name and # (which is used as an identifying marker in the Zetas), and then proceeded to ask about his employer and what his activities were. he mentioned a few things like kidnapping and such, until the cameraman said that was good enough and then shot him. I jerked back at that. it made me feel a bit uneasy. I have never watched the "faces of death" series, but knowing this video could very well be real is disturbing. I wanted some knowledge into the cartel fighting and when I though i would be watching pictures it seemed like a fun idea. now it seems even like a dangerous idea. most of the videos had similar structure where an individual or group was asked for their name and # along with employer and activities. the worst one was the beheading. the gurgling of the slit throat. this war is real. 

i want to make a copy of it, which i can do easily in technical terms, but the feeling of doing so: uneasy.

No comments: