Friday, July 8, 2011

My Friend Said

my blog can be depressing...and it can be...but i'm just happy she reads it. lol
I tried reading my current book but wasn't able to get past a few pages. I will have more time to work on projects now that I found out I won't be teaching Summer II. I don't mind that. I have a full-time job and teaching was supplemental income (which I like). But getting the summer off before Fall [which was called a strong possibility] will help me complete projects and relax a bit. Right now I'm working on a "Text-Book" and a "Bad Poetry Book". I like both ideas, and with both i'm hoping to show a lighter side of poetry. For my next project....don't tell anyone, whoever may read this...is an "Erotic Chican@ Literature Book".

I looked up the term "erotic Chicano literature" and there was a book or two, but mostly it was scholarly. I want the stories included to range from love to sexy to risque. There is still quite a bit of time before I begin this project though since I haven't finished the others. ah, i just remembered I am helping someone with a personal chapbook...can't forget! Anyways, I need to do some research as well and find judges for the erotic chapbook. Since i am not familiar with the erotic genre, i wouldn't want to be the sole judge. that will give me time to find people and promote it.

i'm at work, so i have to get back to work. will write more later.

No comments: