Monday, July 25, 2011

usually,

i don't look at what i have written before as i update the blog. in this case, i may repeat myself. the past week at work i have both metaphorically and literally fallen asleep. not for long stretches, but enough so that when i wake up i feel refreshed. *l* its funny because it happens. its not funny because sitting here feels like a waste of time. yeah, i know there are plenty for me to do online/with a computer:

1. write/revise poetry
2. work on poxo [pocho] research
3. work on raving press website
4. update blog
5. figure out a sound financial plan for the next 5 years
6. bills [dang, just realized i forgot to pick up a bill from my mom]

and the list sigue y sigue. but the amount of work i can accomplish from my desk feels redundant. sitting here i only think about being outside. outside i:

1. take pictures at Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge
2. take the girls out for a walk
3. repairs at home
4. writing at home
5. reading at home
6. random driving

and this list sigue y sigue.

but the actual point of this all is that i have felt better the past two days. and i'm trying to convince myself that part of this listless feeling is mental. it's not entirely, but i haven't been doing the necessary to keep my body active. come to think of it, sounds like i haven't been doing much with myself recently. "today is different": i don't like that saying or they way it makes it seem as if change happens instantaneously. change is gradual. maybe i can say "today will not be like yesterday". On Sunday i did apply for a panel in the 2011  Texas Association of Creative Writing Teachers conference in Austin. I hope i get it. I find out July 30th.

*back to work*

No comments: